Title I Part A of the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides financial assistance to districts and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards.
The priorities of Title I are to:
- Strengthen the core program in schools and provide academic and/or support services to low-achieving students at the preschool, elementary, middle, and high school levels;
- Provide evidence-based programs that enable participating students to achieve the learning standards of the state curriculum frameworks;
- Elevate the quality of instruction by providing eligible staff with substantial opportunities for professional development; and,
- Involve parents/guardians of participating public and private school children as active partners in their children’s education at school through open, meaningful communication, training, and, as appropriate, inclusion in decision-making processes.
For more information please go to http://www.doe.mass.edu/federalgrants/titlei-a/
District documents available for download:
- Title I Needs Assessment Procedure
- Parent/Guardian Involvement Policy
- School Parent Compacts:
- Program Evaluation Procedure
- Title I School-wide Plans:
See also Title II and IV