Dear BHRSD Families and Community,
As we near the end of our first week of quarantine, I’m reaching out to touch base to see how folks are doing and what shifts we may want to make in our routines.
I’m hoping your basic needs around food are being met. Please email email@example.com if we can be of help and go to any of our 4 meals sites Monument Valley Regional Middle School, Great Barrington Fire Department, Housie Dome, Stockbridge Town Hall. As an aside, the West Stockbridge site will close after Friday and you can go to the Stockbridge location to pick up meals. We are also offering bags for weekend meals. If you are interested in weekend meals email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pick these bags up on Friday or have them delivered.
Uncertainty is challenging. And having a structure to each day is important.
There are lots of ways to plan out your day:
- Chunk your time (an hour to two) to focus on particular activities.
- You might want to start your day with exercise (hiking, walking or running) followed by reading.
- Take a break and do something else fun.
- Reach out to friends, classmates and relatives electronically or by phone.
- Make some time to do some writing.
- Make some space for chores – both to get something done and to get some distance.
- End your day with some games, dinner, and perhaps a well-chosen movie.
Here is a useful link (everyone is struggling through this):
Here is a link to the District page – please bookmark it as we will be posting regular updates.
In the coming days, we hope to get more guidance from the State about our path forward.
Please reach out to me and our staff for help and support and to share ideas.
Be healthy and stay safe,
Peter Dillon, Superintendent